Thanks for visiting the shop.
You can help me research the cultivation and conservation of threatened plants by donating to the conservation research nursery project.
Terms of sale
- I sometimes prefer to use a botanical illustration to show off a plant that is available for sale rather than a photograph, Unfortunately I don’t have these botanical illustrations for sale.
- It is very important, for the future of our planet, that the world’s plant life has the highest level of protection. And yet, often the scarce funding that is available for conservation projects is used for high profile fauna rather than flora. That’s why 10% or more of the sale of every plant will go directly to plant conservation both in botanic gardens and in the wild. Some of the projects supported can be found here.
- The species available are selected because of their interesting stories, conservation value or the fact that their wild relatives or habitat really need some help. They are excess to my own propagation and are only available in small quantities and new species will be added as and when they become available.
- All orders will be sent out at times most appropriate for the plants and I am sorry for any period of delay on postage. I will endeavor to process orders at the earliest opportunity, however, please be aware that plant sales are processed during my spare time and are not my main occupation.
- Due to all of our Iris now being grown in open beds rather than pots, all Iris will be delivered whilst dormant from July through to September each year. Please place your order and I will be in touch to discuss delivery. A portion of the sale of each Iris species will go towards helping Iris conservation in the middle east. http://www.blackhalls.co.uk/iris-sales-help-threatened-iris/
- Plants will be sent via first class Royal Mail.
- The majority of the plants sold will have come from seed from cultivated sources, however, some may come from wild collected material. In such an instance we will endeavor to exercise due diligence in making sure that the plants were collected within the laws of the country of origin. Should any research or development be proposed for this material you may be required to set up a agreement with their country of origin as per the requirements of the Nagoya Protocol.
- You can find my PRIVACY STATEMENT here
- Bio-security is of paramount importance to us and we are registered with the UK Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA). Our nursery site and garden are inspected regularly by our local plant health officer who has been working with us to make sure we are free of notifiable pests and diseases for the past 7 years.
- Plants are living things and as such all kinds of things can go wrong. If you aren’t happy with a plant purchased from me please drop me a line and I will see what I can do to help.
- I grow PEAT FREE!